In today’s culture, even a kind gesture can appear to be a threat, and you could find yourself charged with Enticement of a Child (CRS 18-3-305), Kidnapping (CRS 18-3-301), or Sexual Assault on a Child (CRS 18-3-405). Earlier this year, a young girl reported to police that a man was following her in a car, and ultimately offered her a ride. The girl became afraid and ran into her school, where she contacted her parents.
After a search, the cops located the Larimer County man and brought him in for questioning. The man lived in the
As a father himself, he most likely wanted to protect the girl and get her home safely.
What Happens if You Are Accused of Sexual Assault on a Child in Denver?
It is serious to be accused of Sexual Assault on a Child in Denver. The Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) states: “Sexual offending is a behavioral disorder which cannot be cured.” If you are accused of a sex offense, you will permanently be labeled as a dangerous person that is a threat to the community.
- In the Denver, Jefferson and Douglas County courts, you are guilty until proven innocent regarding sex offences.
- Colorado has strict limitations for accused sex offenders. In Arapahoe, Adams and Larimer County, there is a presumption of guilt and restrictions are put into effect before you are even convicted of a sex offense.
- If you are convicted, most sexual assault on a child charges in Denver have indeterminate sentencing, which could mean a lifetime prison or lifetime probation sentence.
What to Do if You are Accused of Sexual Assault on a Child in Denver:
The man in Larimer County should have known better than to offer a ride to a young girl he didn’t know. Thankfully, his kind gesture didn’t result in his arrest for a sex offence, but it very well could have ended that way. If you are accused of sexual assault on a child in Denver, kidnapping, or enticement of a child in Colorado, be smart:
- Do not speak with police, because anything you say can be used against you.
- Call our experienced team of sex crimes lawyers in Denver – you need someone fighting for you that is knowledgeable, and has been successful with trials regarding sex offenses. We are the law firm that will fight for your freedom.