Denver has its own court system, known as the Municipal Court of Denver (City Court) or Denver General Sessions. Denver, like other cities in Colorado, wants to control citizen conduct which is not controlled by Colorado law. Thus, there are several city violations a person can be arrested for committing in Denver. Below, you will find a list and description of sexual offenses listed under Denver Municipal Code, such as Public Indecency, Prostitution, Indecent Exposure, and Bestiality. These are charged in Denver Municipal Court as follows:
- Sec 38-156 – Definitions.
- Sec 38-157 – Public indecency.
- Sec 38-157.1 – Indecent exposure.
- Sec 38-158 – Prostitution.
- Sec 38-161 – Bestiality.
- Sec 38-162 – Unlawful to register fictitious name in public accommodations.
- Sec 38-163 – Use of transient accommodations for purposes relating to sexual offenses.
Be sure to call the O’Malley Law Office today if facing charges and you need a criminal defense lawyer to come with you to your Denver Municipal Court appearance.
Sec. 38-157. – Public indecency.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to perform an act of public indecency.
(b) Any person commits public indecency who performs any of the following in a public place or where the conduct may reasonably be expected to be viewed by members of the public:
(1) An act of sexual intercourse;
(2) An act of deviate sexual intercourse;
(3) Insertion of one (1) or more fingers or other object into the vagina or anus;
(5) Caressing or fondling of the genitals of another person;
(6) Patently offensive representations or imitations of sexual intercourse, masturbation or excretory functions accompanied by exhibition of the genitals;
(7) Lewd fondling or caressing of the body of another person.
Sec. 38-157.1. – Indecent exposure.
(a) It shall be unlawful for a person to commit an act of indecent exposure.
(b) A person commits an act of indecent exposure if they knowingly expose their genitals or buttocks to the view of any person under circumstances which are likely to cause a reasonable person affront or alarm.
Sec. 38-158. – Prostitution.
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person:
(1) Knowingly to solicit, induce, entice, or otherwise engage another person for the purpose of obtaining an offer or an agreement for any act of prostitution. Evidence of such illegal conduct includes, but is not limited to, the following:
In the context of discussing sexual acts, money, or other things of value:
- Inquiring about whether a person is a police officer;
- Searching for articles that would identify a person as a police officer;
- Requesting a person to perform acts to prove that the person is not a police officer, including, but not limited to:
(i) The touching or exposure of genitals or female breasts; or
(ii) The consumption or use of alcohol, marijuana, or illegal controlled substances;
(2) To arrange or offer to arrange a meeting of or to procure persons for the purpose of prostitution;
(3) To direct another person to a place knowing such direction is for the purpose of prostitution;
(4) Knowingly to arrange or offer to arrange a situation in which a person may practice prostitution;
(5) To have or exercise or control the use of any facility, and:
- Knowingly to grant or permit the use of such facility for the purpose of prostitution; or
- Knowingly to permit the continued use of such facility for the purpose of prostitution, after becoming aware of facts or circumstances from which such person should reasonably know that such facility is being used for purposes of prostitution;
(6) To perform, offer or agree to any act of prostitution;
(7) To enter or remain in a house of prostitution with the intent to engage in an act of prostitution.
Sec. 38-161. – Bestiality.
It shall be unlawful for any person to have sexual intercourse with an animal other than a human being.
Sec. 38-162. – Unlawful to register fictitious name in public accommodations.
Sec. 38-163. – Use of transient accommodations for purposes relating to sexual offenses.
Denver Municipal Court Lawyer / General Sessions Lawyer: Call Today if Facing Charges
The best thing to do if facing charges of any of the above sexual offenses is to consult a criminal defense lawyer from the O’Malley Law Office. Don’t simply plead guilty in Denver Municipal Court when you may not fully understand your rights or how the court process works. There are many consequences you could face upon accepting a plea deal which could dramatically impact your future. Instead, schedule a free initial consultation with one of our aggressive criminal defense attorneys at 303-830-0880 and protect your future.