I'm a fierce advocate, defending my clients' rights while developing relationships with them where they feel supported.
Meet Criminal Defense Attorney Leah Maloney
I have been a criminal defense attorney since 2013. After graduating with honors from Boston College and serving in the Peace Corps, I attended George Washington University Law School in Washington, D.C. where I immediately began honing my skills as a criminal lawyer. While attending law school, I began the District Record Sealing Service where my fellow students and I worked on motions to seal criminal records for clients. We were able to assist in sealing records for hundreds of people with criminal convictions.
After law school, I represented individuals accused of crimes as an attorney at the Legal Aid Society in Brooklyn, New York. I successfully represented thousands of individuals charged with everything from DUI, to theft, to murder. Additionally, I worked as part of the Homicide Defense Task Force defending homicide cases, analyzing complex discovery, and crafting legal arguments showing client's innocence.
Areas of Expertise
During my career, I've cultivated a particular interest in advocating for individuals charged with sex offenses, such as rape, sexual assault on a child, and internet luring. I was awarded a scholarship to attend the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer's annual conference on Zealous Advocacy in Sexual Assault & Child Victim Cases. I have represented many people charged with sex crimes while achieving successful trial verdicts and other favorable outcomes.
Based on my expertise in criminal defense litigation, I was chosen as a Fellow for the International Legal Foundation. I utilized my experience in trial work, motion writing, and defense theories to train criminal defense lawyers in Myanmar.
Leah Will Fight to Protect Your Future
After moving to Colorado, I continued to fight allegations against my clients as a Public Defender in Douglas County. I am passionate about finding the legal and factual arguments that result in dismissal of charges. When not in the courtroom, I love taking advantage of Colorado's beautiful mountains through cycling and hiking.
100% Criminal Defense and Litigation
- Colorado, 2021
- New York, 2014
- George Washington University Law School, Juris Doctor
- Boston College - Political Science & Islamic Studies
Leah's Recent Case Results:
- Assault & Battery - Aurora Municipal - Dismissed
- 1st Degree Assault - Adams County - Probation
- Gaming Fraud - Gilpin County - Dismissed
- Battery / Criminal Mischief - Westminster Municipal Court - Dismissed
- 3rd Degree Assault / Domestic Violence - Jefferson County - Dismissed
- 3rd Degree Assault - Douglas County - Dismissed
- Criminal Mischief - Douglas County - Dismissed
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender - Jefferson County - Dismissed (plea to Class 2 Misdemeanor Failure to Verify Location)
- Careless Driving - Broomfield Municipal - Dismissed
- Class 1 Misdemeanor Harassment - Douglas County - Dismissed
- Furnishing Alcohol to Minor - Douglas County - Dismissed & Sealed