Why a Jail Visit is Vital for Your Loved One’s Future
The Adams County Jail (303-654-1850), or Adams County Detention Center, is located at 150 North 19th Avenue in Brighton, CO. Just travel a mile northwest of the main county courthouse.
The experienced attorneys at our office provide 24 hour, immediate jail visits to the Adams County Jail for a fee. This is critical to your defense.
Why a Jail Visit is Vital for Your Loved One's Future
When your friend or family member has been arrested, they are cut off from communication with the outside world. Police investigators take advantage of this lack of communication and question your friend before they can have a jail meeting with a lawyer who will advise them to remain silent about their case. A criminal defense attorney is vital in your loved one's case and often makes the difference between a guilty verdict and an acquittal or dismissal. During our Adams County jail conference with your friend or family member, we will help them understand they aren't alone and give them advise in jail about how the justice system works. They will be equipped with the knowledge they need to remain silent until they can be bonded out of the Adams County jail. The Aurora Police Department will rush to question your loved ones in jail – don't let them be alone. Contact an attorney at our office to meet them at the Adams County jail to protect their future.
Bail and Bonds:
The Adams County Jail allows bail/bonds to be posted as surety bonds, cash bonds and property bonds.
- All bonds require an additional bond fee of $10.
- There is a $40 booking fee following the arrest.
- Occasionally, with court approval, a personal recognizance bond is permitted.
Note: There is a benefit to posting a cash bond; you will receive it all back in full at the end of the case, assuming the inmate obeys the conditions of bond, and appears in court. A surety bond, on the other hand, is like renting money for a fee – you will receive back only a portion of what you posted.
Funds for Inmates:
You can put funds into an account for an inmate in one of four ways:
- In-Person: Visit the jail with cash, U.S. Postal Service money orders, cashier checks and certified funds.
- Online: Visit Access Corrections and create an account that you can fill with your credit or debit card (there are fees related to paying with a credit card).
- Phone: Call 866-345-1884 to add money to the account (fees will apply).
- Send: Send money by Western Union
If you wish to send mail to an inmate, address it to:
Booking ID number
Adams County Detention Facility
P.O. Box 5001
Brighton, Colorado 80601
All mail is searched and the contents are given to the District Attorney if helpful to their prosecution. Don't discuss a pending criminal case or witnesses in jail mail.
- Inmate mail cannot come from another jail or prison facility, and can cannot go to another jail or prison facility.
- Photos cannot be larger than a 5×7, and no more than 10 photos can be sent at a time.
- Up to 10 pages of internet material (articles, jokes, puzzles, etc.) can be sent at a time.
- You are allowed to send Bibles.
- Local newspaper subscriptions are also allowed.
View additional information/rules regarding Adams County Detention Facilities Mail Policy.
These things (and many more), are considered contraband at the Adams County Jail. Under no cirmumstances should you bring any of these items into the facility.
- Postage stamps
- Writing paper
- Blank greeting cards
- Lip gloss
- An original driver's license
- You can visit an inmate in person, or by the internet with a new program called iWebVisit.
- All visits are $12 per visit.
- All visits are recorded, and may be used to incriminate the inmate.
– In Person Visit
- Registration is required if you come in person to the Adams County Jail.
- 2 people are allowed per visit.
- 20 minute time limit for in person visits.
Note: Do not speak about the inmates case. All visits are recorded, and could be used to prosecute your friend or loved one.
View inmate visitation schedule.
Work Release Sentences:
- The Adams county jail allows for work release sentences if it is approved by the court.
- An application process must be completed in advance of your sentence.
- Proof of employment is mandatory.
- Make sure you complete all the requirements of the work release before the sentencing. Otherwise, you may end up sitting in jail while they verify your information.
- The cost for work release is not significant.
Adams County Jail – Detention Facility | Location and Hours:
150 North 19th Avenue
Brighton, Colorado 80601
Visit the Adams County Jail website
Find the Adams County Jail on a Map