When you are charged with a crime, you interact with several government officials throughout the process. These individuals are not on your side. I am.
Meet Criminal Defense Attorney Erica Anderson
I am a Colorado Native and was raised in Boulder County. Throughout High School, I saw close friends of mine get in trouble with the law. This is when I first became interested in criminal defense work.
Education and Experience
After High School, I attended the University of Colorado in Denver where I received a Bachelor of Science in Public Health with a minor in Criminal Justice. During my university coursework, I learned about how interactions with the police can lead to challenges with employment, housing, and even increased monitoring by police officers and other government agencies. This ignited the fire under me to pursue a career in criminal defense work.
After I graduated, I attended the University of Denver where I received my Juris Doctor degree. During law school, I interned at several different law offices including those in the public sector and private law firms. Additionally, I served as a student attorney in the University of Denver's Civil Litigation Clinic. Here, I worked on cases for low-income clients including wage claim cases, civil protection orders, and eviction cases. This experience affirmed my passion for serving clients in vulnerable positions.
After graduation, I worked as a Judicial Law Clerk for two District Court Judges with a criminal docket. Here, I received all of the motions filed in the pending cases for each division and drafted the Judge's final order. This experience allowed me to take a peek “behind the curtain” to see how Judge's evaluate a particular case and how each attorney's argument was perceived. My knowledge of the judicial system will be beneficial to my understanding of your case.
How I Will Help You Fight Your Charges
Going through the criminal justice system can be overwhelming and the State has a significant amount of resources to prosecute your case. As your attorney, I will make sure that you do not feel alone. Additionally, I will make sure that your rights are adequately protected throughout the whole process. When you are charged with a crime, you need an attorney who knows the law and will work hard to get you a good outcome. Additionally, you need someone who you can trust. As your attorney, I will listen to your needs so that I can fight for a resolution that works best for you. When you are charged with a crime, you interact with several government officials throughout the process. These individuals are not on your side. I am.
Individuals charged with a crime are often falsely accused or significantly overcharged. I will use my knowledge of the law to make sure that you are not taken advantage of. But I will also work hard to make sure that the government sees you as a person and not as the charges on your case.
Call me today for a free consultation. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing the possibilities in your case.
- 100% Criminal Defense
- Colorado, 2020
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Juris Doctor, Denver, CO
Honors: Civil Litigation Clinic – Student Attorney, Nominated for Outstanding Private Sector Extern, Recipient of the Public Good Distinction
- University of Colorado Denver, Bachelor of Science, Denver, CO
Honors: Deans List, Cum Laude
Associations & Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Women's Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
Criminal Defense Attorney Erica Anderson's Case Results
- Domestic Violence Harassment - Broomfield County - Dismissed
- Animal Neglect (10 counts) - Brighton Municipal Court - Dismissed
- Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor - Arapahoe County - Dismissed
- 3rd Degree Assault / Harassment / Child Abuse / Criminal Mischief - Douglas County - Dismissed
- Trespassing - Aurora Municipal Court - Dismissed
- False Information to a Pawn Broker / Theft - Denver County - Dismissed
- Disturbing the Peace - Denver General Sessions - Dismissed
- Criminal Mischief, Theft, Trespassing - Mesa County - Dismissed & Expunged after Diversion
- 2nd Degree Assault - Jefferson County - Not Guilty at Trial
- Reckless Driving - Arapahoe County - Dismissed
- Assault - Federal Heights Municipal Court - Dismissed
- Unlawful Sexual Contact - Gilpin County - No Charges Filed
- Felony Menacing - Douglas County - Dismissed
- Assault / Disturbing the Peace - Denver Municipal Court - Dismissed
- Illegal Discharge of a Firearm / Possession of a Weapon by a Previous Offender - Adams County - No Charges Filed
- Reckless Driving - Jefferson County - Not Guilty at Trial
- Deregistration - Denver County - Granted
- Gaming Fraud - Gilpin County - Dismissed
- Violation of a Protection Order - Denver County - Dismissed
- Destruction of Property - Denver Municipal - Not Guilty
- 3rd Degree Assault, Tampering with Evidence - Arapahoe County - Dismissed
- Unlawful Sexual Contact - Douglas County - Dismissed
- Fraud - Adams County - Dismissed
- 3rd Degree Assault Domestic Violence - Jefferson County - Dismissed
- Unlawfully Carrying a Concealed Weapon - Adams County - Dismissed
- Minor in Possession - Adams County - Dismissed
- Domestic Violence Harassment - Douglas County - Dismissed
- Petition for Removal from Sex Offender Registry - Denver County - Granted
- DUI - Douglas County - Dismissed
- Engaging in a Speed Exhibition - Arapahoe County - Dismissed