In today's culture, even a kind gesture can appear to be a threat, and you could find yourself charged with Enticement of a Child (CRS 18-3-305), Kidnapping (CRS 18-3-301), or Sexual Assault on a Child (CRS 18-3-405). Earlier this year, a young girl reported to police that a man was following her in a car, and ultimately offered her a ride. The girl became afraid and ran into her school, where she contacted her parents.
After a search, the cops located the Larimer County man and brought him in for questioning. The man lived in the [pullquote align=”right” textalign=”center” width=”40%”]As a father himself, he most likely wanted to protect the girl and get her home safely.[/pullquote]area and was driving home with his daughter in the backseat. He said that he thought he was being helpful in offering the girl a ride home. As a father himself, he most likely wanted to protect the girl and get her home safely. But, with kidnapping and sexual assault common occurrences in today's world, he should never have offered to help. A sheriff‘s spokesman said that the “gesture of offering a ride does not rise to the level of being a criminal,” but noted that the girl had done the right thing by running away from the stranger.
What Happens if You Are Accused of Sexual Assault on a Child in Denver?
It is serious to be accused of Sexual Assault on a Child in Denver. The Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) states: “Sexual offending is a behavioral disorder which cannot be cured.” If you are accused of a sex offense, you will permanently be labeled as a dangerous person that is a threat to the community.
- In the Denver, Jefferson and Douglas County courts, you are guilty until proven innocent regarding sex offences.
- Colorado has strict limitations for accused sex offenders. In Arapahoe, Adams and Larimer County, there is a presumption of guilt and restrictions are put into effect before you are even convicted of a sex offense.
- If you are convicted, most sexual assault on a child charges in Denver have indeterminate sentencing, which could mean a lifetime prison or lifetime probation sentence.
What to Do if You are Accused of Sexual Assault on a Child in Denver:
The man in Larimer County should have known better than to offer a ride to a young girl he didn't know. Thankfully, his kind gesture didn't result in his arrest for a sex offence, but it very well could have ended that way. If you are accused of sexual assault on a child in Denver, kidnapping, or enticement of a child in Colorado, be smart:
- Do not speak with police, because anything you say can be used against you.
- Call our experienced team of sex crimes lawyers in Denver – you need someone fighting for you that is knowledgeable, and has been successful with trials regarding sex offenses. We are the law firm that will fight for your freedom.
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment