There are some sexual offenses which require lifetime sex offender registration in Denver, Adams County and across Colorado. For many of these crimes, lifetime registration seems unreasonable, as even some misdemeanor sex crimes require lifetime registration. You should always consult an aggressive criminal defense attorney from the O'Malley Law Office if facing charges of a crime subject to lifetime sex offender registration. These include Sexual Assault, Sexual Assault on a Child, Incest or Sexual Assault on a Child by One in a Position of Trust. We will fight to protect your freedom.
Sexual Assault, Sexual Assault on a Child in Douglas County – Crimes Requiring Lifetime Sex Offender Registration
The following crimes require lifetime registration if convicted in Douglas County (with no ability to ever deregister as a sex offender):
- Felony Sexual Assault, C.R.S. 18-3-402
- Misdemeanor Sexual Assault, C.R.S. 18-3-402
- Sexual Assault on a Child, C.R.S. 18-3-405
- Sexual Assault on a Child by One in a Position of Trust, C.R.S. 18-3-405.3 (by touching a child's undeveloped breast)
- Incest, C.R.S. 18-6-301
- Aggravated Incest, C.R.S. 18-6-302 (including among married, adopted or adults who give sexual consent)
- Sexual Assault on a Client by a Psychotherapist, C.R.S. 18-3-405.5
- A Sexually Violent Predator
- An adult who has more than one conviction or adjudication for unlawful sexual behavior (including more than one misdemeanor conviction)
Misdemeanor Unlawful Sexual Behavior in Arapahoe County – Lifetime Sex Offender Registration Required
Even misdemeanor sexual offenses, or those involving unlawful sexual behavior, require lifetime registration in Arapahoe County. If you get two or more convictions of a misdemeanor sex offense, you must register as a sex offender for the remainder of your life. Even juveniles who received an adjudication for more than one misdemeanor sex crime must register for the rest of their lives. This is crazy, especially when those who are subjected to lifetime registration pose no danger to society.
Sex Offender Deregistration in Jefferson County Not Possible in Most Cases
You should never plead guilty to two sexual offenses in Jefferson County, since you will not have the option to deregister as a sex offender. Pleading guilty to a sexual offense when you were a juvenile, for example, and again when you are in your 50's, could lead to lifetime sex offender registration.
If facing charges of a sex crime subject to sex offender registration in Colorado, be smart, remain silent and contact the affordable criminal defense lawyers at the O'Malley Law Office, 303-830-0880. Together, we can protect your future.
Image Credit: Pixabay – fill
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment