Reality star Will Hayden, from the show “Sons of Guns,” has been accused of Sexual Assault on a Child. According to news reports, the ex-girlfriend of the star has alleged that he abused one of their daughters. Whenever we see a story like this in the news, we pause before we pass judgment. This is because, as leading criminal defense attorneys with over 20 years of experience, we have seen just how often false accusations of Sexual Assault are used as a means for revenge, control, or manipulation in Denver, Arapahoe, and Jefferson County. Let's look closer at this crime and the circumstances surrounding this high-profile case.
What is Sexual Assault on a Child?
Sexual Assault on a Child – C.R.S. 18-3-405, is a serious sex offense, which results in the following upon conviction:
- An indeterminate sentence to the Colorado Department of Corrections
- Sex offender registration
- Sex offender treatment overseen by the Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB)
This crime is charged whenever a person has any sexual contact (it can be the touching of the clothing covering intimate parts) with a child younger than the age of fifteen in Adams, El Paso, and Douglas County. Will Hayden has most likely been accused of Sexual Assault on a Child by a Person in a Position of Trust – C.R.S. 18-3-405.3, which is charged when the contact occurs between an adult in a “position of trust “ (a parent, teacher, coach, etc.), and a child under the age of 18. Regardless of the exact charge, this reality star is facing serious consequences if convicted. Let's look closer at the circumstances of his alleged assault.[pullquote align=”center” textalign=”center” width=”90%”]False accusations often lead to innocent people in prison.[/pullquote]
Accusations of Sexual Assault on a Child a Result of “Bitter Ex-Girlfriend”
Will Hayden declares he is innocent of the accusations of Sexual Assault on a Child. Of course, everyone says they are innocent, but in our experience, many people accused of this crime really are free of guilt. With this crime, there doesn't have to be any physical evidence; the accusations of a child are all that is needed. And, children are easy to manipulate. A bitter mother who wants to get back at her ex can often convince a young child that inappropriate situations really did occur: We have seen it first-hand. There are a few things which show us the accusations might be false:
- The young alleged victim lives with her father, Mr. Hayden, instead of her mother. This illustrates the stability of Mr. Hayden, as opposed to the mother.
- Child Protective Services removed the girl from the home to interview her. After questioning her, they returned her to her home – with her father. Child Protective Services would never return a child to a parent if they had evidence of abuse.
- Hayden's older daughter defends him, saying “there was never any impropriety in our home…he was and is a good father.” If there was any inappropriate sexual contact between Hayden and a child, his other children would not be surprised when accusations arose.
Why You Need the Best Sex Crimes Defense Attorney
Unfortunately, our criminal justice system isn't very just when it comes to sex crimes involving children. We have seen District Attorneys take cases to trial with absolutely no evidence, and an alleged victim who is obviously lying. In one of our cases, the young girl making the accusations blatantly lied on the witness stand, and the DA was unwilling to dismiss the case. They do this to protect their careers (letting the jury make the decision), and to get experience in the courtroom. This is why you need a renowned criminal defense lawyer to be your unyielding advocate in court. When it comes to accusations of Sexual Assault on a Child, you need a lawyer who understands the importance of pointing out the lack of evidence to the jury. Here at the O'Malley Law Office, we fight to win.Request a Free Consultation
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment