Sexual Exploitation of a Child is a complicated sex offense in Denver, Logan County and across Colorado, and requires the expertise of an experienced lawyer. Too often, eager DAs overcharge this offense, but the prosecution must prove every element of the statute for a conviction in Colorado. If you've been arrested or charged with Sexual Exploitation of a Child anywhere in Colorado, consult the top criminal defense lawyers at the O'Malley Law Office to defend you immediately.
Sexual Exploitation of a Child in Douglas County and Across Colorado
According to C.R.S. 18-6-403, a person commits sexual exploitation of a child in Douglas County, Jefferson County and every other county in Colorado if, for any purpose, he or she knowingly:
- Causes, induces, entices, or permits a child to engage in, or be used for, any explicit sexual conduct for the making of any sexually exploitative material; or
- Prepares, arranges for, publishes, including but not limited to publishing through digital or electronic means, produces, promotes, makes, sells, finances, offers, exhibits, advertises, deals in, or distributes, including but not limited to distributing through digital or electronic means, any sexually exploitative material; or
- Possesses or controls any sexually exploitative material for any purpose; except that this paragraph (3) does not apply to peace officers or court personnel in the performance of their official duties, nor does it apply to physicians, psychologists, therapists, or social workers, so long as such persons are licensed in the state of Colorado and the persons possess such materials in the course of a bona fide treatment or evaluation program at the treatment or evaluation site; or
- Possesses with the intent to deal in, sell, or distribute, including but not limited to distributing through digital or electronic means, any sexually exploitative material; or
- Causes, induces, entices, or permits a child to engage in, or be used for, any explicit sexual conduct for the purpose of producing a performance.
Definition of Sexually Exploitative Material in Arapahoe County, Colorado
In Arapahoe County, Adams County and everywhere else in Colorado, sexually exploitative material includes any photograph, motion picture, video, recording or broadcast of moving visual images, print, negative, slide, or other mechanically, electronically, chemically, or digitally reproduced visual material that depicts a child engaged in, participating in, observing, or being used for explicit sexual conduct. Sexual Exploitation of a Child can either be a class 3 felony, class 4 felony or class 5 felony in Colorado.
Why You Need the Best Sexual Exploitation of a Child Lawyers in Denver
You should never fight any charges of Sexual Exploitation of a Child alone, or speak with police. There is too much at stake. Involving a criminal defense lawyer with years of training and experience is always a more viable decision. Your constitutional rights and your future need to be protected. Call the top criminal defense lawyers at the O'Malley Law Office today to discuss your situation in more detail if you've been arrested or accused of Sexual Exploitation of a Child in Colorado.Request a Free Consultation